Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Do You Take This Man? This Woman? I Do.

About a week and a half ago I drove out to Wilmington to attend Christina and Alex's, my old roommates, wedding.
I arrived to Ryan's (my boyfriend) house Thursday night, beat from a full day of work, school, and driving.  So once Ava arrived about an hour later we decided to stay in and watch a movie.
Friday night Ava, Ryan, and I met up with my old boss Jessica Chandler, her husband and Ava's friend Elizabeth, at El Cerro.
After turning 21, I don't believe I have ever gone to eat at El Cerro without ordering a Margarita Pitcher, so of course that's what we did.
Once we went home to change we all met up again downtown and that's where I found my all time love, Pabst Blue Ribbon.
 Don't we look good together?
A few drinks and a bar or two later, we ended up at Level 5 where we danced the night away.
It was such a fun night and and really enforced how much I miss living in Wilmington.  But I washed my hands of that long ago.
Once Saturday had finally arrived, we took over all of the bathrooms in Ryan's apartment, getting ready, running back and forth between each bathroom, asking one another what went best with what.
It wasn't until we entered the address into the GPS that we realized it would take an hour to get to Southport, not 30 minutes like we had heard.
Although we missed the first ferry that would take us to Bald Head Island, we caught the next!
   Instead of waiting for the tram to return we decided to walk to the chapel.  We kept hearing it would be a long walk, but it really wasn't that bad. 
We showed up just in time to watch Christina and Alex say their vows and exchange their rings.
The ceremony was beautiful and the church was adorable.
Very elegant and quaint.
Afterwards we waited for a tram to take us to where the reception was to be held.  Definitely could not have walked that distance.
We had an amazing time, everything went perfectly, and I wish them all the happiness and luck as they embark on this journey together.
I love you both!
 

Once in awhile, Right in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a fairy tale.- Anonymous
*Thank you Ava Gorman for the use of her photos.

No comments: